Bed bugs are small, oval and brownish pests, living on the blood of animals or humans. They do not fly but can move quickly on the floor, walls and ceilings. Bed bugs may enter your home undetected, through luggage, clothing and used couches. If your home has bed bug infestation, call our professional bed bug removal services in Edmonton. Maritime Pest Control Inc. has a team of experienced exterminators who can help you get rid of these pests effectively.
Ways to Prevent Bed Bug Infestation
To eliminate bed bug infestation, look for live or dead bugs, their skin or bloodstains. Clean your mattress and room thoroughly with certified bed bug encasements. Inspect all furniture, bed and other areas to ensure all the crevices and cracks are sealed.
Signs of Bed Bug Infestation
Bed bugs are sneaky and hard to find. Here are some indications to help you identify their presence:
• bloodstains of crushed bugs or rusty spots on your mattress and clothes
• If you have been bitten, their bite can cause inflammation and irritation to your skin
• If you find eggshells and shed skin near their hiding places
• Your home might have a musty odour if the bed bug infestation is severe
Commonly Asked Questions
• What are the health risks posed by bed bugs?
A bed bug bite affects people differently. Some might not show any physical signs of bite, while others might suffer from a severe allergic reaction.
• How did my home get infested with bed bugs?
Bed bugs get transferred through luggage, folded clothes or beds.
• What is the lifespan of bed bugs?
A bed bug can survive without feeding for approximately 13 months.
• Is a bed bug bite contagious?
No, a bed bug bite is not contagious.